Hi everyone! Here is my first layout for the Scrapper's Playground Design Team.
· Stars & Stripes patterned paper by Doodlebug Design
· Bazzill cardstock in blue, light blue, and white
· Stars & Stripes Fancy Frills stickers by Doodlebug Design
· Stars & Stripes Mini Doodle Pops by Doodlebug Design
· Stars & Stripes Doodle Seals by Doodlebug Design
· Star Spangled washi tape by Doodlebug Design
· Baker’s Twine by Doodlebug Design
· Candy Shoppe Ice Accents by Queen & Company
· Wink of Stella clear glitter marker
· Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz/Ranger
· White gel pen
· Embossing folder with dots*
To put this layout together, I first arranged my photos into collages and adhered them to the layout. Then I cut out my title with my die cut machine. A comparable font for the Eclips would be Valentine’s Day & Happy Heart. For added dimension, I used an embossing folder on the “Smiles” letters. After adhering the title, I added my journaling strips and border strips/paper.
Next I added foam adhesive to the backs of the banner sticker pieces and adhered them to a length of baker’s twine. After stapling the ends of the baker’s twine to the layout with my Tiny Attacher, I tied two bows and glued them to the ends of the banner. As a finishing touch on the banner pieces, I added dots of white gel pen.
The final step in assembling the layout was to add the embellishments. I added the stickers, pinwheel, and washi tape; and then I made a medallion/rosette with some of the patterned paper. First I scored a strip of 1 ¼” x 12” patterned paper at ¼” measurements. Then I accordion-folded the strip and glued the ends together. Using a generous amount of hot glue, I glued the medallion in the center, attaching a cardstock circle on the back for stability. I then added some Wink of Stella glitter marker to the edges of the medallion and the circles in the embossed title.
The last step was to add the cardstock sticker and Ice Accent to the center of the medallion. Because this is a heavy embellishment, I attached it to the layout with hot glue. (I believe acid-free white glue would work also, but I didn’t want it to fall off the layout while hanging on the wall).
I hope you like the layout and that you get a chance to stop by Scrapper's Playground to see them in person, and to check out the cool stuff in the store.