Here is a project I just completed for the Glue Dots (R) Design Team. It's a very versatile banner that can be used for boys, girls, and even adults. I made it for my son's birthday and plan to use it for my daughter's in January. You can change the colors if you want to make it more masculine or feminine, or even use baby shapes for a baby's birthday. Have fun!
· Cardstock: black, red, blue, yellow, green, light green, purple, patterned
· Craft Glue Dots ®
· Cricut machine and cartridges (I used Sure Cuts a Lot software to cut the letters and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge to cut the scalloped circles and triangles. You can find similar images on other cartridges.) – Provo Craft
· Sizzix machine and dies (candle, balloon)
· Souffle pens – Sakura
· Glitter gel pens – Sakura
· Gold brads
Directions (Refer to photos for placement of all pieces.)
1. Using Cricut machine and cartridges of choice, cut the following:
· 14 scalloped triangles at 4” from red, blue, yellow, and green
· 14 circles at 3 ½” from black cardstock.
· the letters “H-A-P-P-Y-B-R-T-H-D-A-Y” AT 3” from purple cardstock.
2. Using Sizzix machine and dies, cut 4 candles and 2 balloons from yellow, light green, and patterned papers. Add details with glitter gel pens.
2. Using Souffle pens, add dots and dashes around the edges of the circles and triangles.
3. Adhere circles to triangles, following pattern in photo.
4. Stamp owl onto white cardstock using permanent black ink.
5. Using the photo as a guide, adhere letters and shapes to black circles using Glue Dots ®.
6. Punch holes in top corners of triangles, and attach with brads.