Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scrapbook Expo in Edison, NJ


I just got back from the Scrapbook Expo in Edison, NJ; and I have to say that, of all the expos I've attended, this was by far the smallest. This is the 6th one I've been to, and there were so many big vendors missing. No Provocraft, no Sizzix, no Ellison, no QK or EK - among many others. Even SEI was missing from the vendor floor, although my friend Zaida and I did see their truck outside. We assumed they were only there to teach classes.

Most of the make-'n-takes were $5.00, so we didn't do any of those. A few booths had very high prices, but most vendors kept their prices reasonable. I even got a buy-2-get-1-free deal on Nestabilities - yay me! We got some very good deals on paper - like I needed more of that. She bought some CTMH kits, and I bought some Core'dinations at 30% off. Then there was the Scrapbuck stand, where everything was $2 or less. Although I didn't make any purchases there, that was the busiest booth at the show.

All in all, we had a good time. There weren't too many people, so the crowds weren't bad. We were able to walk the entire expo twice in a few hours, which was kind of disappointing, though. I hope the low attendance and decline in vendors aren't a sign of things to come, because this is the only scrapbooking show that is a reasonable driving distance for me.

Happy scrapping everyone, and remember to be your crafty self.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I went on Friday and it was PACKED! as in mobbed. I couldn't even get close to the booths in some cases to see what there was to buy. I left after two hours. I guess I should have gone on Saturday instead.