Monday, May 18, 2009

Journaling Tip #3: Start With the Journaling

OK.  I'll admit it.  I usually save my journaling for last.  Not because I don't think it's important, but because sometimes I think I know what I'm going to say before I start; but then, once the photos are on the page, I think of more to say.  There are times, though, when I write my journaling before putting the photos on.  In the layout below, I just started writing about what I remember from my summers as a child.  I knew the photos I was using, but I put them on after I finished writing.  In this case, writing the journaling first worked better for my layout, and it shared center stage with the photos.  Give it a try.

Summer in the Sixties (L)Summer in the Sixties (R) 



1 comment:

Lissa Ballard said...

Loving your journaling tips! What fun memories of your summers. Your journaling was so vivid. Wonderful!