Monday, May 11, 2009

Journaling Tip #2: The 5 Ws

(This is a post from August 2007, but I think it will be very helpful for those who are just starting out, or those who are struggling with journaling.  Happy scrapping!)

Although I find journaling very easy, I realize that many people do
not.  I don't think it's necessary to write paragraph after paragraph
for every layout, though.  Sometimes just the 5 Ws are enough: Who, what, when, where, and why
If you can write down just this information, you will have enough for
most layouts.  Sometimes these details can spark your memory of other
details, and the journaling will come more easily.
  Give it a try.  Oh, and I do most of my journaling in my own handwriting, but I do occasionally use the computer.

I hope this very simple, but very useful, tip helps you when you're stuck wondering what to write on your layouts.

Easter 2009 (L) Easter 2009 (R)



No comments: