Saturday, August 18, 2007

Scrapbooking Tip of the Week - Tip #2: Select your papers.

Now that you've chosen your photos, it's time to match your papers with the pictures.  Remember to use acid-free, lignin-free papers.  You don't want to ruin your photos over time.  I usually use 12 x 12, but this size can easily be trimmed down to a smaller size.



Look at your photos to find a common color.  If you can't find one, you can choose some neutral colors that work with the colors you do have in your photos.  Sometimes I choose theme colors.  For example, if I'm working on a Christmas layout, I'll usually choose Christmas-themed papers.



Start with the plain cardstock, and then select 1 or 2 patterned papers that match it.  Most scrapbook paper companies have papers that coordinate.  I advise that you use only 1 or 2 patterns, because your layout can become nauseatingly busy if you use too many.



In this layout, I've chosen summer-themed papers that match the colors
in my photos as well.  They are from TAC (The Angel Company).  Please
contact me for more information about this kit.



Fun_in_the_sun_l
Fun_in_the_sun_r














Remember to check back next week for another scrapbooking tip. 



No comments: