Create this quick, easy Holiday Explosion Box using your favorite holiday cardstock and Glue Dots ®.
7 ½” x 7 ½” piece of heavy cardstock for box base
3 7/8” x 3 7/8” piece of coordinating heavy cardstock for lid
For the Base:
- Score the 7 ½” x 7 ½” piece of cardstock 2 ½” in from all 4 sides.
- Score a diagonal line from each outside corner to the matching corner of the interior square (see photo).
- Cut off the corners on the diagonals.
- Fold along score lines to form box. Crease with bone folder. Do not adhere the box together; the lid will hold it closed.
For the Lid:
- Score the 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” piece of cardstock 5/8” in from all 4 sides.
- Cut along one scored line per side, as shown in photo.
- Fold along score lines to form lid. Crease with bone folder.
- Using Craft Glue Dots®, adhere tabs. Be sure to apply the dots on the top side of each tab.
- Embellish as desired.