Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scrapbooking Tip: Odd-Sized Layouts

Rowen's 2nd Birthday (Oct. 2-pg Sketch)
A few years ago for Mother's Day, my husband bought me a beautiful Hallmark scrapbook album.  It's an odd size, approximately 9 x 12, and this presented a challenge to me.  I've never seen layouts in this size, so I had to come up with some ideas to work with the pages in the book. 

I decided to approach the layouts from an 8 1/2 x 11 perspective.  This worked very well at first, because I even had a little extra room to spread things out if necessary.  After awhile, though, it became a little boring, doing the same basic layout over and over.  Then it hit me.  Why not turn the layouts and make them horizontal?  I had seen this done with 8 1/2 x 11 layouts many times, and I really liked the way they looked.  So I tried it.  Here is one of the layouts, which I think turned out great.  It also adapted it for a 2-page sketch challenge on If It's Groovy this month. 

So, the next time you're faced with an odd-sized layout, try looking at things from a different angle!  Happy scrapping!

 



1 comment:

Melanie said...

Adorable page layout, love it!