Monday, May 5, 2008

Paper Crafting Tip #31: Try Some Scallops! They're good for you!

Shellys_card0001
No, not the kind you eat!  I mean the kind you create with punches, die cut machines, and scissors.  Scalloped edges are all the rage right now; and, while I don't consider myself a very trendy person, once in a while, something comes along (or is revived) that really catches my eye and inspires me to try something new.  Whether I'm using my new Threading Water punch by Fiskars or creating embellishments and borders with my Cricut Design Studio, I just can't resist scallops. 



I made this card for a 3-year-old girl's birthday. The dot stamps are by Hero Arts, the
sundress stamp is by Impression Obsession, and the Happy Birthday is TAC. The
ribbon is by May Arts.  I used my Threading Water punch to make the scallops.



I'd love to see what you create!  Post a comment AND send me a scan/photo of your scalloped creation, and I will enter your name in a drawing for a little surprise gift from me.  Remember, you must post a comment AND send me a jpeg of your creation in order to be eligible for the prize.  Have fun, and HAPPY CRAFTING!



*All entries must be received by May 31 (2008!).



No comments: