Saturday, October 27, 2007

Scrapbooking Tip #12: Ironing Ribbon

I've seen all the cute little craft irons on the market, and I even own one of them. (I got it on sale.)  They're OK; but I'm impatient, and I don't like to wait for them to heat up.  Besides, they never get quite hot enough to be very effective.  But did you know that you don't need an iron to "iron" your ribbons?  If you've got a lightbulb, you're good to go.  First, make sure that your lightbulb is clean and dust-free.  (Of course, you need to do that while it's cool. Don't ask me how I know that.)  Then just pull your ribbon tight, and rub it slowly across the hot bulb, being very careful not to rub your fingers along the bulb as well. (Don't ask me how I know that, either.)  It works great!  And you can save your money for the really essential things, like more paper, more chipboard, more dies for your cutting machine, and - yes, you guessed it - MORE RIBBON!  Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Jennybird said...

I have heard of this before.....I have also heard that the iron takes a long time to heat......but TFS.....Janet

Suzanne said...

TFS, my first thought was, lightbulb?? mine are all covered in dust. Guess I could dust if it's for a good cause like craftin!

Jeanette (Scrapjanny) said...

Thanks so much for the comments, ladies. I really appreciate the feedback. Keep 'em coming!